Our online platform (Platform) is operated by Giggle for Girls Pty Ltd (ABN 79 632 152 017) or its successors and assignees (we, our or us). It is available through our mobile application (App) and may be available through other addresses or channels.
Please read these Terms (defined below) carefully as they set out your rights and responsibilities when using our Platform. You’ll need to stop using our Platform if you do not agree to these Terms. We may vary these Terms by publishing the varied terms on our Platform. We recommend you check our Platform regularly to ensure you are aware of our current Terms.
We provide the services set out on our Platform. Our Platform allows females to connect with one another on the giggle app either in public or private spaces.
You must be 16 years of age or older to create an Account (defined below).
You must be female to use the App.
If you access or download our App from the Apple App Store, you agree to Apple’s Licensed Application End User License Agreement and any usage rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service. If you access or download our App from the Google Play Store, and you agree to the Android, Google Inc. Terms and Conditions including the License Agreement and Terms of Application.
We may use Google Maps/Earth mapping services, including Google Maps APIs. Your use of Google Maps/Earth is subject to the Google Maps/Google Earth Additional Terms of Service.
We may disclose that information to third party service providers who help us deliver our services (including information technology service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, professional advisors, third party payment processors and our business partners) or as required by Law. If you do not provide this information we may not be able to provide you with access to our Platform. In certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal information to third parties located, or who store data, outside Australia.
We do not sell user data.
You must register on our Platform and create an account (Account) to access the functionality of our Platform.
You must provide basic information when registering for an Account including your name or pseudonum, your mobile number and a selfie. You must be female to create an Account.
We use third party software, Kairos, in the Account creation process. If you have difficulty creating an Account, please contact us using the email address at the end of these Terms and we will assist you to create an Account.
You will be able to select a unique username for your Giggle Talk Account. Your username does not need to identify you and it should not be your email address. You may apply to verify your unique username to establish authenticity of your identity by contacting us through the app and providing us with identification documents.
You must provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and you must update such information to keep it current and complete. The selfie required to complete registration must be authentically taken at the time of registration, of the person that owns the phone number, and photos of photos will not be accepted.
You are responsible for keeping your Account details confidential, your phone device secure, and you will be liable for all activity on your Account, including purchases made using your Account details, whether or not you authorised such activities or actions.
You will immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your Account.
At our sole discretion, we may refuse to allow any person to register or create an Account.
Giggle for Girls is a place where female users feel comfortable expressing themselves, sharing information, and communicating with one another. You must access and use our Platform only for legal, authorised, and acceptable purposes. You will not use (or assist others in using) our Platform in ways that: (a) violate, misappropriate, or infringe our rights, our users’ rights, or other rights, including privacy, publicity, Intellectual Property, or other proprietary rights; (b) are illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, intimidating, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or instigate or encourage conduct that would be illegal or otherwise inappropriate, including promoting violent crimes; (c) involve publishing falsehoods, misrepresentations, or misleading statements; (d) impersonate someone; (e) involve sending illegal or impermissible communications, such as bulk messaging; or (f) involve any non-personal use of our Platform.
You may not interfere with the Services in any way, such as by accessing the services through automated means; by hacking the services; by accessing without authorisation areas of the Services that are protected by technical measures designed to prevent unauthorised access: by testing the vulnerability of the services; by impersonating Giggle or the Services; by accessing the Services for any purpose that competes with the interests of Giggle; by spamming the users of the services, by failing to respond to communications or requests from Giggle; or through any other type of interference with the Services or Giggles relationship with others.
We offer in-app purchases for premium versions of our Platform, which you may purchase for the advertised fee (Fee) in advance of accessing that functionality. You must pay the Fee via your chosen payment method and as offered by the application store from which you download the App, such as the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. The Fee is non-refundable. To the maximum extent permitted by Law, there will be no refunds for any unused features of in-app purchases (or part thereof).
We grant you a personal, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable, worldwide, non-transferable licence to use our Platform in accordance with these Terms. All other uses are prohibited without our prior written consent.
Our Platform contains materials and information for you to read, explore, and interact with (Content). The Content is not comprehensive and is for general information purposes only. It does not take into account your specific needs, objectives or circumstances, and is not advice. While we use reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the Content, we make no representation or warranty regarding it, to the extent permitted by Law. The Content is subject to change without notice. However, we do not undertake to keep our Platform up-to-date and we are not liable if any Content is inaccurate or out-of-date.
Unless otherwise indicated, we own or licence all rights, title and interest (including Intellectual Property Rights) in our Platform and all of the Content. Your use of our Platform and your use of and access to any Content does not grant or transfer to you any rights, title or interest in relation to our Platform or the Content.
You must not, without the prior written consent of ourselves or the owner of the Content (as applicable):
· copy or use, in whole or in part, any Content;
· reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any Content to any third party; or
· breach any Intellectual Property Rights connected with our Platform, including (without limitation) by:
· altering or modifying any of the Content;
· causing any of the Content to be framed or embedded in another website; or
· creating derivative works from the Content.
We encourage you to interact with our Platform! You may be permitted to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit relevant information and content, including reviews (User Content) on our Platform. You are encouraged to initiate communication on our Platform, and this communication is one of your purposes for using our Platform (Purpose).
Your Purpose may be to start a discussion, post an advertisement, or propose a transaction, in one of our many subcategories set out on our Platform. By posting a Purpose in any category excluding giggle talk, you may receive responses from up to 6 other girls, who have all consented to being added to a new giggle (Giggle). Once your Giggle is created, you can communicate with the other girls in your Giggle. You may view posts on the Giggle Talk feed without creating a profile. To join the discussion you will need to create a profile and register a unique username.
By making available any User Content on or through our Platform, you grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free licence to use the User Content, with the right to use, view, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, transfer, communicate, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, or otherwise exploit such User Content on, through, or by means of our Platform.
You agree that Giggle or it’s service providers or partners may display advertising with your content and otherwise monetise your content without compensation to you.
You agree that you are solely responsible for all User Content that you make available on or through our Platform. You represent and warrant that:
· you are either the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content or you have all rights, licences, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to us the rights in such User Content as contemplated by these Terms; and
· neither the User Content nor the posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmission of the User Content, including information shared in a Giggle, or our use of the User Content on, through or by means of our Platform will infringe, misappropriate or violate another user’s rights, or a third party’s Intellectual Property Rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable Law or regulation.
We do not endorse or approve and are not responsible for any User Content. We may, at any time at our sole discretion, remove any User Content.
Our Platform may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we do not control, endorse or approve and are not responsible for the content on those websites. You should make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of those websites.
We may, at any time and without notice to you, discontinue our Platform, in whole or in part. We may also exclude any person from using our Platform, at any time at our sole discretion. We are not responsible for any Liability you may suffer arising from or in connection with any such discontinuance or exclusion.
· To the extent that you are using or accessing our Platform on an iOS device, you further acknowledge and agree to the terms of this clause. You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and us only, not with Apple Inc. (Apple), and Apple is not responsible for our Platform and any content available on our Platform.
· Apple has no obligation to furnish you with any maintenance and support services with respect to our Platform.
· If our App fails to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple and Apple will refund the purchase price of our App to you. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable Law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to our App and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be our responsibility.
· Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to our App or your use of our App, including but not limited to:
· product liability claims;
· any claim that our App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and
· claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
· Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement and discharge of any third-party claim that our App infringes that third party’s Intellectual Property Rights.
· You agree to comply with any applicable third-party terms when using our App.
· Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary of these Terms.
· You hereby represent and warrant that:
· you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and
· you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
To the extent permitted by Law, we make no representations or warranties about our Platform or the Content, including (without limitation) except those that cannot be disclaimed under the law:
You read, use, and act on our Platform and the Content at your own risk. We are not responsible for and are not obligated to control the actions or information (including User Content) of other users or other third parties. You release us and our subsidiaries and affiliates and our or their directors, officers, employees, partners and agents from any claim, complaint, cause of action or controversy and damages, known or unknown relating to, arising out of, or in any way connected with any such claim you have against third parties.
Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by Law:
· our maximum aggregate Liability arising from or in connection with these Terms (including the services we provide and/or the subject matter of these Terms) will be limited to, and must not exceed the aggregate amount of fees paid by you to us during the three-month period immediately preceding the event that gave rise to the Liability or $100 if no such fees have been paid; and
· we will not be liable to you for any consequential loss, indirect loss, loss of profit (including anticipated profit), loss of benefit (including anticipated benefit), loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of opportunity, loss of savings (including anticipated savings), loss of reputation, loss of use and/or loss or corruption of data,
whether under statute, contract, equity, tort (including negligence), indemnity or otherwise.
Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by Law, we will have no Liability, and you release and discharge us from all Liability, arising from or in connection with any:
· transaction or event discussed on or resulting from your Giggle;
· event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control;
· acts or omissions of you or your personnel;
· defect, error, omission, lack of functionality or suitability (or the absence of, or reduction in, any anticipated result, outcome or benefit), inaccessibility of, interruption or outage with respect to our Platform;
· use of our Platform and/or Content;
· User Content;
· interaction you have with other users whether in person or online;
· injury or loss to any person;
· Content which is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date; or
· breach of these Terms or any Law.
You agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by Law, these Terms exclude all terms, conditions and warranties implied by statute, in fact or on any other basis, except to the extent such terms, conditions and warranties are fully expressed in these Terms.
To the maximum extent permitted by Law, you must indemnify us, and hold us harmless, against any Liability suffered by us arising from or in connection with your use of our Platform or any breach of these Terms or any applicable Laws by you. This indemnity is a continuing obligation, independent from the other obligations under these Terms, and continues after these Terms end. It is not necessary for us to suffer or incur any Liability before enforcing a right of indemnity under these Terms.
Certain legislation, including the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), and similar consumer protection laws and regulations, may confer you with rights, warranties, guarantees and remedies relating to the provision of our Platform by us to you which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (Statutory Rights).
If the ACL applies to you as a consumer, nothing in these Terms excludes your Statutory Rights as a consumer under the ACL. You agree that our Liability for our Platform provided to an entity defined as a consumer under the ACL is governed solely by the ACL and these Terms.
Subject to your Statutory Rights, we exclude all express and implied warranties, and all material, work and services (including our Platform) are provided to you without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, whether in statute, at law or on any other basis.
This clause will survive the termination or expiry of these Terms.
· If you delete our App from your device, your Account will remain active.
· You may cancel your Account and terminate these Terms at any time via the “Delete Account” feature (or similar) on our Platform or by sending us an email to the address at the end of these Terms. You can also deactivate your Account at any time via our Platform.
· We may terminate these Terms for convenience at any time by giving you 30 days’ notice via push notification, text message to your device or email.
· At our sole discretion, we may suspend your Account or terminate these Terms immediately without notice if you are in breach of these Terms, any applicable Laws, regulations or third party rights or we receive complaints about you or your behaviour.
In the event of any dispute arising from, or in connection with, these Terms (Dispute), the party claiming there is a Dispute must give written notice to the other party setting out the details of the Dispute and proposing a resolution. Within 7 days after receiving the notice, the parties must meet at least once to attempt to resolve the Dispute or agree on the method of resolving the Dispute by other means, in good faith. All aspects of every such conference, except the fact of the occurrence of the conference, will be privileged. If the parties do not resolve the Dispute or (if the Dispute is not resolved) agree on an alternate method to resolve the Dispute, within 21 days after receipt of the notice, the Dispute may be referred by either party (by notice in writing to the other party) to litigation.
You may not assign, transfer or delegate these Terms and your rights and obligations under the Terms without our prior written consent. We may without restriction assign, transfer or delegate these Terms and any rights and obligations under these Terms, at our sole discretion, with 30 days prior notice. Your right to terminate these Terms, in accordance with these Terms, remains unaffected.
If a provision of these Terms is held to be void, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision must be read down as narrowly as necessary to allow it to be valid or enforceable. If it is not possible to read down a provision (in whole or in part), that provision (or that part of that provision) is severed from these Terms without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder of that provision or the other provisions in these Terms.
Your use of our Platform and these Terms are governed by the Laws of Queensland. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts operating in Queensland and any courts entitled to hear appeals from those courts and waive any right to object to proceedings being brought in those courts.
Our Platform may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. We make no representation that our Platform complies with the Laws (including Intellectual Property Laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access our Platform from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the Laws of the jurisdiction where you access our Platform.
Intellectual Property means any domain names, know-how, inventions, processes, trade secrets or confidential information; or circuit layouts, software, computer programs, databases or source codes, including any application, or right to apply, for registration of, and any improvements, enhancements or modifications of, the foregoing.
Intellectual Property Rights means for the duration of the rights in any part of the world, any industrial or intellectual property rights, whether registrable or not, including in respect of Intellectual Property.
Laws means all applicable laws, regulations, codes, guidelines, policies, protocols, consents, approvals, permits and licences, and any requirements or directions given by any person with the authority to bind the relevant party in connection with these Terms or the provision of our Platform.
Liability means any liability, loss, cost, payment, damages, debt or expense (including reasonable legal fees).
For any questions and notices, please contact us at:
Giggle for Girls Pty Ltd ABN 79 632 152 017
Last update: 2nd December 2020
© LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd